Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Solid Weekend for the Team!

The weekend went better than we could have imagined! The team took a demanding lead in the conference with domination in all fields in both the road race on Saturday and criterium on Sunday. The team controlled each and every race we were involved in by constantly attacking the field and always having someone in each breakaway just in case it stayed away to the finish. We have atleast five riders in each field which is a huge advantage because it gives us many ways and options to control and win the races. The only negative part of the weekend was realizing that I had not fully recovered from the flu which caused me to sit out the weekend to make sure I fully get it out of my system so it doesn't linger around. I got back on the bike today and finally felt fully healthy again. I will be making my road season debut this weekend (as will my roommate Derek who missed this past weekend as well once I passed the flu on to him) at William and Mary where they will host the races in the historic city of Williamsburg, VA. We will be doing a TT (time trial) and road race on Saturday and a criterium on Sunday. I am hoping to feel strong enough to be able to throw lots of attacks in hopes of getting up the road or get another teammate up the road for the race win. If we can put together another dominating weekend of racing it will make it very difficult for the other teams in the conference to challenge us for the ACC conference champions crown. Well its back to the books, a new Tosh.0 episode then off to bed so I can get a three hour ride in the morning before my one class. More updates of training, racing and life to come.......

Quote of the Day: "Only from the heart can you touch the sky" -Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment